Friday, July 31, 2009

no title

My sister did an online search for our mother the other day while under the influence of ambien. Without going into the whole sordid back story my mother left when I was 6 and Sis was 2 in fact I may have still been 5. She left us without a backward glance and it was many years and a search using her social security # before I had contact with her again. At that point I was the "bad child" and I believe not wanted in either household, so I ran away and kept running time after time. I tried drugs, I sold my body, I had a child I gave up for adoption, I was beaten by my step mother badly. I was raised by alcholics. Mothers are supposed to care for and protect their children, mine didn't. She is a coward and a bitch. I feel I need to tell her this, So I think at some point this weekend I will sit down and tell her how my life was hell for many years. I believe alot of it started when she turned her back on her children one day in 1976 and it got worse for many many years but I also want her to know that in spite of that I made something of my self and I am a better mother than she could have ever hoped to be because of the crap and bullshit I have waded through my whole life. The only thing I want or need from her is a complete medical history after that she is dead to me, hell right now she is dead to me for the most part.

5 comments:

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I hope you can get that medical history. I understand your pain, not all of it, but a lot of it. I hope you can find closure. You are a good mama...just know that.

Zephra said...

I think that is pretty much the feel of my letter. After all you did/or didn't do, I am okay.

Zephra said...

I just want her to know I didn't need her after all

Monogram Queen said...

Valerie, I am so sorry this happened to you but so PROUD of you for turning your life around, getting past the bull$hit and being a wonderful Mother to your sons and Wife to your husband.
You are a strong, strong woman.
I wish you well in finding out the medical history that you need and most of all I wish you peace of mind.

Sarah said...

yowza, did you talk to her? if so what happened? best wishes to you however this contact unfolds.