Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Shades of gray

One day last week I was looking in the mirror when I saw it. I could not believe it. In fact I did not want to believe it. It seems at the age of 38 I have my first gray hair. I was so convinced it was blond and not gray that I found my tweezers and plucked it out to look at it closer. Than I plucked out a regular hair to compare, yup it was definitely gray. My friend Lisa just told me that I have a bunch of grays in the back of my head too but if I can't see them they don't count. I will have to get some hair color the next time I am in Target.

4 comments:

jen @ negative lane said...

Your FIRST gray?!?!

I had my first gray hair at 18 -- twenty years ago! If I didn't color my hair regularly, I'd have a swath of gray to rival the Bride of Frankenstein, I kid you not.

If you're going to start coloring your hair, be sure to get the wash out kind. You should use that kind until you're at least 25% gray (or more), so you don't have to deal with roots.

Delenn said...

Having same experience...but its white hairs...oh the joys of motherhood!!

Zephra said...

Oh pulease. If I pulled out all my gray I would look like George from Seinfeld.

Monogram Queen said...

Oh honey I am alot older than you but they grey hairs still smart!
I am contemplating a change... why is it so hard to get a quick appt at the hairdresser and dog groomer when you want it?

I would say love yourself grey hairs and all but that would make me the worst kind of hypocrite so - color away!!!