Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Citizen

I want to post about something that may not be popular. Please understand this is just how I feel, you are in titled to your own opinions on this. Last week a 38 year old woman died in one of the big dig tunnels due to a ceiling tile that weighed 3 tons falling and crushing the car she was riding in. She is from Costa Rica, she has 3 grown children there. Now there has been some talk of letting the children come here and making them automatic citizens. IMO I think that is wrong, I understand they lost their Mom but why do they need to live here now? Should they get special treatment just because their mom passed away in a federal and state tunnel? What makes her family any different than another immigrant who gets shot or killed in a car accident? If you die in America does your family get to become an automatic citizen? It just puzzles me that people feel they should get a free ride because of what happened to the mom. I say have them go through what all other LEGAL immigrants go through to become a citizen. It should not be automatic just because of a horrible accident.

No comments: