Thursday, September 22, 2005

Scared and hopeful

Really I am trying hard not to do it but I do it anyway. I am dreaming about getting the money from the settlement. I know for us it means hopefully finally being able to buy a home. Somewhere our very own to raise T in. I am almost to scared to look now. Homes are so expensive her that I don’t think we would have been able to save enough for a down payment here. I just wish the attorney would call me again with the next offer so I can say yes we will take it. I want it all to be over finally. I was so hurt when they fired me and I finally feel like I am being vindicated by this settlement. I know in my heart I was fired for being pregnant, I was a wonderful employee to that company and worked my ass off for them. I know it is wrong but I am glad that witch that fired me got demoted too. She deserved it! Bad of me I know.

On another note my prayers are with everyone who is in the path of Rita. I hope to god there is a better response after land fall this time. Hopefully our government learned a big lesson with Katrina!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Valerie,

Your blog "this post", leads me to believe you will find my family and parenting blog on create baby shower invitation to be worth a visit.