Tuesday, August 23, 2005

7 years

7 years ago today I was in a car with my soon to be in-laws and Tony driving to Vegas. It was hot and I was scared. Scared of the commitment I was about to make, but at the same time excited and happy. It was a 4-hour drive from their house and by the time we made it to Vegas I felt like they really were my family. I had only finally met them the day before so it was a lot to get used to. We got to Vegas and checked in to our hotel which my MIL refused to let us pay for. We had lunch at the Motown cafĂ© and then went to get Tony’s tux. Went back to the hotel to get ready. Tony’s aunt who had never flown before came to be with us. It was so sweet of her to do that. She did my hair for me. A nice up do just like I wanted. The limo arrived and took us to city hall to get our license, they never even asked for ID. Weird I swear. Then off to the chapel. My FIL gave me away and Tony’s sister stood up next to me. When I walked down that aisle I was nervous and a bit shaky, you can see it in the video my flowers are never still. :) Tony I love you and I am so happy we chose each other. I love you so much and you are the best Dad and Husband a girl could ask for. It has been a wonderful journey so far I can’t wait to celebrate our 20th anniversary together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Valerie,

After reading your blog "this post", I believe you will find my site on working mother parenting to be very helpful.

Anonymous said...

Hello Valerie,

After reading your blog "this post", I believe you will find my site on baby poem for baby shower to be very helpful.