Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Talked to my sister

I was trying to wait until 9am her time yesterday but she called me before I could call her. It was so nice to talk to her. I tried to explain that I think I just wasn’t ready 8 years ago to forgive a lot of things with my Dad and Mae my step mom. I did tell her that I feel more ready now. I am never going to forgive my stepmother or my dad for allowing things to turn out the way they did in my childhood but I also understand more now. I want a relationship with my Dad and my sister. I will be cordial to my step mom but I don’t think we will ever be friends. I got lots of good news! My sister Stephanie now has 2 more boys so I have 3 nephews and a niece. They are 10,8,5 and 2 months old. Kamran, Sara, Zain and Zakary. They are so beautiful. I also got some bad news. My baby sister Kassy is in jail. It seems she got mixed up in drugs and such pretty bad. Her boyfriend, her and another guy decided to rob a drug dealer. Well it turns out her boyfriend shot the drug dealer and he died. My sister is in jail for murder! She took a plea bargain agreement and got 30 years. OMG! Were my parents so blind they didn’t see what was happening to her? She is my baby sister and I still love her but I am disgusted over what happened. She was an accessory to taking a man’s life. I still just can’t wrap my head around that. I sat down at work yesterday and wrote her a long 3-page letter. I am hoping she will write me back. It seems my step mom didn’t want me to know about what happened to Kassy. I wonder why? Maybe it is hard for her to believe I am not the biggest black sheep of the family anymore. It sure seems strange to me too. Stephanie and I decided to tell my Dad she had talked to me. We were going to wait for Christmas but god forbid what if something happened to him before then. Stephanie called them yesterday but Dad was at work. She told Mae that I had called. I guess Mae wasn’t to thrilled but Stephanie pretty much told her she is not to stop this in any way. I guess my Dad is always asking my sister if she has heard from me. Mae agreed she would not try and stop me from having a relationship with Dad but she is worried that I will break his heart again by breaking the contact. Stephanie told her she is sure I will not do that this time. I know I won’t either. Mae then asked a bunch of questions about me. Stephanie did tell her that I am married and about T. Mae actually asked if my husband was black! What a bitch. Mae agreed not to tell Dad anything they want to let me tell him about my life. So anyway my Dad got home last night and Mae says to him Stephanie has a early Christmas present for you but you have to call her to get it. Stephanie said when she told Dad she thinks he was crying. OMG how do I deal with that? All this time I thought my Dad really didn’t care and now I hear that he has been asking about me and everything. Dad asked her about me and she wouldn’t tell him anything. Then he tried to trick her by asking what my last name was. She told him she didn’t know. LOL. So he will be calling me most likely tomorrow because I will be home from work. It seems so weird to me that I got my family back in one fell swoop. What a great Christmas season this turned out to be. I am sure I will write more soon.

No comments: