Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

My heart still breaks. I still shed tears every year. I remember the horror of that day every year. NEVER FORGET. Below is a copy of the post I wrote on 9/11/2006 about 1 person who passed.

1 of 2,996



Who was Donald Richard Gavagan? He was a son, a husband, a brother and a father but he was so much more to those who knew and loved him. I never had the pleasure to meet Donald but I feel like I know him just a bit. He was but one of the 2996 people who died on September 11th 2001. He is the father to 3 children,
one of whom was born 52 days after his death. His wife Jacqueline established a fund with Project kids worldwide for kids with congenital heart disease. His sister had this to say at the memorial for 911 victims "Donald, there's not a day that goes by that we don't think about you," Suzanne Gavagan Mascitis said through tears. He worked as a bond trader at Cantor Fitzgerald in the World Trade Center. Donald you are gone but will never forgotten by the people who love you. You and your family will always be in my prayers.





A Better Place
Cry for me no more the many tears of sadness
My time in this world was over and it came for me to pass.
Bring the photos of old time and see them not with tear-filled eyes
But with eyes of joy and laughter and smile once more with me.
Know that I am in a better place one without disease without hatred and without death
This kingdom I now call home
I wait here for you
When your time comes to pass to ease the transition from the old to the new.
Cry for me no more.
Remember only the laughter.
For I am in another realm
And I wait to see you again.

© 1999 Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS

No comments: