Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The 4th

We had a great day, it did rain a bit off and on but was dry for the most part. Boy was it muggy though, you could cut the air with a knife. A bunch of friends came over including Susan, Sandy and her daughter Emma. It was funny watching T show off in front of Emma. He is such a flirt already. We finally decided to leave the air conditioned bliss of the house for some BBQ outside. Tony who swore up and down that I was cooking of course took over the grilling duties just like he does every year. Nothing to fancy just hot dogs and burgers. We ended up back in the house when John decided to light off a firework. Boy was I pissed. I asked him several times not to do it and I was upset because we had just gotten through telling the kids how dangerous fireworks are and to leave it to the professionals. Anyway we came in and watched dirty jobs and just hung out inside until it was time for the fireworks. What a good time at the fireworks, mother nature must have felt for me and decided not to rain so I would not have to hear T screaming about not seeing the fireworks. We parked half way to the spot and then walked as we do every year. Found our area and the decided we were idiots for never bringing our chairs before! Sat around for about and hour and then the show began. As usual Winthrop out did itself with the fireworks display. It really pays to have a fireworks expert living in your town. I will be posting pictures later, I am on my way to work. Anyway that was our fourth, how was yours?

No comments: