Monday, April 24, 2006

Our Vacation

It was a great vacation, very relaxing. We got in really late and as soon as we got to my inlaws house we all went to bed. We got up the next morning and went to Disneyland. It was horrible! It was so overcrowded you could barely walk around, the wait for all the rides was over an hour and most were like 2 hours. We ended up only going on it's a small world and Rodger Rabbit's crazy taxi ride. Terrell was over stressed by all the people and threw the mother of all temper tantrums in the happiest place on earth. Tony had to take him in the bathroom and spank his butt he was being so bad. After we got robbed to eat lunch we pretty much decided enough was enough and went home.



On Easter Sunday we stayed home and ate and just really hung out as a family. It was so nice to just veg and watch T with his grandparents. We also had his birthday cake and presents on Sunday.



My MIL outdid herself with the food. We had Ham, Mac and Cheese homemade of course, greens, chicken, potato salad, chitlins,yams and homemade carrot cake for dessert. It was all so yummy. Then Terrell took a swim in Grandma's tub.



On Monday my FIL had to work but the rest of us went to Sea World. It was awesome, all the shows were fun and it wasn't crowded at all. Terrell loved seeing all the animals but his favorite was the dolphins I think. My favorite was Shamu and the polar bears. The only thing Terrell didn't like was he was 2 inches too short to ride the rides they have there. Other than that is was the best day!





Tuesday my FIL also worked so we just hung around the house and later that day we went bowling. It was a lot of fun and T really enjoyed it. The first game we played he just took turns playing all of our frames. Toward the end of my first game I hurt my back though so in the second game he played my string for me. Can you believe the boy beat my score? He got a 73 I only had a 69.



Wednesday we went to Hollywood. What a dump! We were only there maybe 2 hours. We went to the Chinese theater to look at all the foot prints of the famous people and the was cool. We also walked a bit on the walk of fame. That was ok but I could swear a few people have two stars.



After that we went home and Terrell played in the sprinkler in the back yard.



Thursday was for going to my FIL's office and meeting all the people he works with. It was a pretty quick visit and then Tony and I went out for a ride. He showed my a couple of houses that they lived in before and his First apartment. It still looks crummy too. We had fun just the two of us hanging out. Terrell stayed with the grandparents. We went and had lunch at Jack in the box and then I went and got my tattoo. I have wanted one for a long time and finally worked up the nerve. Tony said he thought for sure that I would chicken out but I didn't. He also thought I would cry but I didn't do that either. It did hurt but not as bad as I thought it would and I was able to use lamaze breathing to get through the worst of it. I got it on my thigh right above the knee.





Friday was our last day, we were flying out at 12:30am Saturday. My MIL took T out for a few hours by herself. They went to her work, a few different friends houses and to the park. MIL hurt herself going down the slide with Terrell but they had a blast together. We Terrell got home he was only in his underwear and I said what happened did he have an accident and then I found out he threw up. I think he was either overheated of he got car sick. He was fine after that. We got him in the tub then we all went out for one last dinner. Before you knew it our vacation was over. It was a great time though, the flight home was uneventful except out connecting flight from New York had a mechanical problem so we were delayed for about and hour and a half. We actually swiped the plane of the people on the 11:30am flight. I am sure they weren't to happy about it either. I was just glad to get home. I still have jet lag and am on California time. I am hoping to get into the swing of things soon though.

No comments: